Barella

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barella

It`s very unusual when the never mass-produced guns, wich brand cased to exist 90 years ago, stays in the minds of hunting guns lovers.

https://wp.me/p461yQ-44b

Please use Google Translate

Hello

Igor,
    I don't know what you mean with "In 1893 (probably) Heinrich Barella passed away." (could be down to my web translator tool, though, if so, I apologize). Heinrich Barella passed on April 3, 1893. I believe it took him six weeks of suffering before he went over to the other side. He must have become ill soon after February 1 when the business underwent changes and from that date Hofb?chsenmacher Heinrich and B?chsenmacher August were owners. Late July 1893 August received the title Hofb?chsenmacher.

EDIT: forgot. The address for H. Barella Gewehrfabrik G.m.b.H. vormals C. Bartels & B?ttner, in Frankfurt am Main was Kronprinzen-Stra?e 12. The Barella business was in the city in 1929, possibly late 1928, even.

Kind regards
    Peter
    Last edited by algmule; 06-14-2020, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Hello, Peter. Thank you for your interest in my work. You didn`t name the source of the information. Sorry, but I believe only in documents. According to the address books in 1929 Barella and his family lived in Berlin. His business was also located there. Maybe in Frankfurt on Main there was a branch of his company. I would greatly appreciate further information on this.

Regards,
      Igor

Comment

Hello

Igor,
        I take an interest in the (hi)story of Germanic guns, that is correct. I was wrong on the dates though. It should have been 1930 (not 1929), possibly late 1929 (not 1928), even, and I will stretch to apologize for that error.
        Dunderdum1.JPG
        Here's a source for which city Kronprinzen-Stra?e was situated in. Admittedly not a document.
        https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%B...kfurt_am_Main)

As for the death of Heinrich Barella you may choose to believe me or you may choose to not believe me. Neither is a bother to me. Heinrich Barella died "Am zweitem Oestertage" 1893 which was on April 3 that year.
        Dumstrut1.jpg

I have more on the Barella's, including the date when August formally took over. No worries, I'll keep it to myself and that goes for my sources as well. I like to think I've posted enough sources on this forum to be believed when sharing information. I wasn't suggesting you add any of the information on the Barella's to your article. I was trying to fill in missing parts, be helpful, that was all. Could have filled in more gaps in your story. Shall not. Thank you.

As for what I believe in? Elbow grease I'd say. It usually pays off. (and yes, the expression has extended meaning[s]).

Peter

Comment

Dear Peter,
          I`m very glad there are such lovers of German guns. But I'm not go in for this thiema as amateur, I do this professionally (this is my profession). In retirement, I started shotguncollector.com project to help people like you. This is pure altruism. Therefore please don`t be offended. Regarding Frankfurt, I found sources of information. Thanks for the prompt.
          Kind regards,
          Igor R. Karklinsh
          P.S. Declaration of death is very important. I used this information. Thank you again
          Last edited by Igor; 06-15-2020, 10:14 AM.

Comment

I might mention that the great-grandson of H. B. was a long--time member of the GGCA before his death a few months ago. After the firm was bankrupted in the 1930s, some emigrated to the US. The cause of the bankruptcy is said to be a hijacked shipment destined for an Indian noble. DWJ had an article about it in some years ago. Alas, the photos and guns that were brought were divided and disappeared.

Comment

Working...
            X