New guy in town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy in town

Hi all. I am a collector of pre-ww2 german pistols. Lately I have been investigating German target pistols. Thats how I found this place.

EdinFlorida,
    Welcome, we are happy to have you with us. You might check with the "home office", we had a special publication last winter about target pistols. It was very well done and you will likely want a copy.
    Mike

Comment

Is that the $50 jobbie? Ordered it. Thats how I found you guys.

Are there other collectors of those critters here?

Comment

You know, I bought the book, had the $ withdrawin from PayPal but never got a confirmation. And I don't see a way of contacting the store. Any thoughts on that?

Comment

EdinFlorida,
          Since you likely haven't received your first WAIDMANNSHEIL or Der WAFFENSCHMEID yet and don't have the contact info, I went ahead and transmitted your question to them. I asked him to contact you, but have no idea how long it will take. He is usually responsive, which makes me think ne may be away from home for some reason. You asked about other collectors with the same interests as you, I believe our president is one. He recently moved to Florida from Ohio and is still settling in, so I don't know his contact information. BTW, from your handle, I take it you are also from Florida but don't know from which area.
          Mike

Comment

Edin Florida,
            Welcome and I encourage you to join the German Gun Collectors
            Jim

Comment

Will do. I am outside of Sarasota. Rural is probably too kind.
              I'll join.

Comment

-German-Offhand-Target-Pistol-by-Tell-PR43429_101203023_96_C3DF8144B941ED0E.jpg
                Here is a sorta recent acquisition ... Wrote a paper on Stock pistols and got interested in German target guns. Sorta a black hole from a collecting point of view.

Comment

Ed,
                  I think our president's new home is within driving range of you.
                  Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mike ford View Post
                    Ed,
                    I think our president's new home is within driving range of you.
                    Mike
                    What club?

Pardon, Florida humor.

What town is he in? You can PM me if you wish.

Comment

I'm not sure, he just moved down, and had to go back a couple times to take care of some things. I think it is somewhere around Tampa.
                      Mike

Comment

No that far then.

Comment

Still no acknowledgement of my membership or purchase. Is this normal?

Comment

Ed,
                            Did you check your email? He said he confirmed it when he got the money. I don't know why you didn't get it, but I understand you are in.
                            Mike

Comment

Odd ... no emails at all. No confirmation of membership or registration on the forum. Could you ask when the book might be shipped? Or better yet, pm me an email.
                              Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X