Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi & Hallo, new member here

Hi,
    I am from Germany living in beautiful Colorado for almost 30 years now, and I always loved old rifles. I live in the Rocky Mountains at an altitude of 8500ft and have my own little shooting range. Dealing with old rifles in general requires a lot of "tinkering", which I love almost as much as shooting. (for example: I build my own breech seater for one of my Schuetzen, simple but works great. More than happy to share if there is interest). I am glad to have found this group and this forum...

IMG_6916.JPG

I just recently got into German Schuetzen Rifles (Scheibenwaffen) and so far I was able to add three to my rifle collection, here the are:
    A simple System Stahl (8.15 x 46R) - a great shooter
    IMG_7077.JPG

Miller & Val. Greiss (8.15 x 46R) - a magnificent work of art (I wonder how to best take care off / preserve this beauty in dry Colorado climate - I will study the forum posts ... )
    IMG_7078.JPG

Unknown maker in unknown caliber (I will post some photos of barrel markings in a separate thread because I need help to identify the caliber)
    IMG_7079.JPG

Welcome to the fold, Wolfgang!! Very nice rifles, sir! I am particularly interested in what you learn about the last one pictured.

Your description of yourself could describe many of us

Comment

Welcome from a fellow German schuetzen rifle owner & shooter. I would like to see photos of the markings under the forend.
      Mike

Comment

Wolfgang,
        Welcome, we are happy to have you with us. In addition to showing the markings underneath the barrel, it would be helpful if you make a chamber cast and "slug" the barrel. With dimensions, it is likely we can help you identify the cartridge the third rifle uses.
        Mike

Comment

Thank you all for the warm welcome !!!
          I posted barrel markings and results off my tests with the mystery rifle in gun-and-proof-marks here (hope the link works).

Comment

Working...
          X