Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drilling 8x57 IR / 16/70

Hello,
    i’m a new member and I have a question about my drilling. Can someone here in the forum say something to the manufacturer? Unfortunately, I don’t know something about the weapon...
    Attached Files

goeran,
    Someone here can tell you considerably more about your drilling if you post clear, legible photos of all markings; including, but not limited to the proofmarks on the bottom of the barrels. To expose the markings, it will be necessary to remove the forearm, barrels, and telescope. Of particular interest, in addition to proofmarks, is the logo on the bottom of the action.
    Mike

Comment

328AD50C-19DC-456E-96AA-BC8AF280C5A5.jpg706A7131-1ED8-43FB-B926-99D45F19B4CA.jpg
      Here are some more pictures - I hope it would helps...

Comment

goeran,
        I'm sorry, but I still can't read the markings. As a rule of thumb, if you can't read the markings in your posting; neither can we. When I use the magnify function on my computer, the photo moves down with each increase in power, and before I can read the markings, the photo is off the page. Also, there is glare at important places, blocking out the marks. Maybe someone else can manipulate the photos in a different way and read them. If not, we will have to try again. It would help if you put only one photo per page, be careful of the glare, and maybe highlight the markings with something like chalk. With out being able to read the markings, I can tell it is a very nice drilling and would be a nice hunting gun.
        Mike

Comment

Mike, thank you for the information - i will try to make better photos and post them again. In the Moment the Drilling is at my weapon dealer because I would like to have a .17 hornet in there... I’ll come back later...

Comment

I have "stolen" some pics of this gun in an german forum. The most interesting thing for me is the sign in this pic:

The barrel rib is marked "Heinrich Fettkötter Osnabrück", well known dealer and gunsmith pre 1945.

The sign on the underside of the action says "Heifo"- what would be eventually" Heinrich Fettkötter Osnabrück", but i have never seen this before.

Last edited by chapmen; 12-13-2018, 08:24 AM.
            http://www.jagdwaffensammler.de

Comment

Comment

Hello

This

0a0a0a.JPG

What's here (see image below)

0a0a0a0a.jpg

Also
                01a.JPG
                The Inte säker also appears in red when replying to Thread and uploading files.

EDIT: the Inte säker in red is now all the time when logged in.

EDIT: and now the Inte säker is in black when logged in.

Kind regards
                Peter
                Last edited by algmule; 12-13-2018, 09:42 AM. Reason: Inte säker

Comment

goeran,
                  In addition to the above comments, your drilling was proofed in Zella-Mehlis, December of 1937, ledger number 72. The bore diameter (7.8mm) and case length (57mm), verifies your statement that the rifle's nominal caliber is 8x57IR( although the same numbers would also fit 8x57R/360, but you know what you have). The crown S means it was proofed for shot, the crown W means that barrel is choked( but doesn't show amount of constriction). The crown U below the two eagles means it went through a View proof, after a definitive proof using the provisional proof load. The View proof amounts to a detailed inspection including verification of dimensions. The 16 in a circle means it has 65mm long 16 ga. chambers. The 16/1 shows the bore diameter ahead of the chamber in gauge measurement, which translates to about 16.99mm ( 16 would be 16.81mm). The crown n means it was nitro proofed. As best as I can make it out, the rifle is proofed for a copper jacketed bullet ( KMG); I can't make out the weight, but would expect it to be around 196 grains. I may be wrong, but I think the drilling has an Anson and Deely type action for the shot barrels with a trigger plate type for the rifle barrel. Cocking indicators for shot barrels are on the side, and for the rifle, is the pin on the top of the receiver. I'm guessing the lever on the left side cocks the rifle. I hope you find this helpful.
                  Mike

Comment

The basic question is : who is the maker of this system?

Comment

Hello all, thank you for the information, they are all very helpful and i‘m looking forward to more informations - especially for the question who has made the Drilling...

Comment

Working...
                      X