Highest Valued Drilling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highest Valued Drilling?

I've decided to convert my collection of 20+ bullpups, modern military weapons and other long guns to a collection of beautiful drillings. I'd appreciate which brand and model this knowledgeable forum believes (or feels) is the best drilling for me to add to my collection. Thanks!

It would seem that Ferlach dreilings or vierlings hold value well. So either a dreiling or vierling by Ludwig Borovnik(w/ full length insert) or one of the Hambrusch Boys would fit the bill.

Cheers,

Raimey
    rse

Comment

I would advise you to keep an open mind and look for features instead of "Brand". Sidelocks,nice engraving(above standard grade), premium wood, good scope in clawmounts, and Einstecklauf(preferably full length, but any will help)are all features that are well thought of. Prewar drillings seem to be preferred over post war, for collections,but post war may be better for using(up to a point-late ones can be heavy/unhandy) and chambered for cartridges still avaliable and standard length shot chambers.Perhaps the single most important consideration is condition. Minor problems may be repairable, but you should know this before taking a chance. Don't even think about repairing a cracked frame and be very careful about loose ribs. Understand that this is a personal prejudice, not shared by a lot of people, but I do not like 12 ga drillings. If you are built like Charles Barkley, they might not bother you.Buy the best you can afford. This is only one persons opinion and may not be shared by others.
      Mike

Comment

Working...
      X