Barrel Marks on "Fred Adolph"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrel Marks on "Fred Adolph"

After an interesting and helpful phone discussion with Raimey, I took some additional marks on the drilling that I'm trying to to Fred Adolph, or the craftsmen who created the guns he sold in the US and around Europe in the early 1900s. Raimey suggested I look around the fore end hanger and I found three that I'd totally missed. Any suggestion of who the mechanics might have been? Thanks again Axel and Raimey!P1100546 (NXPowerLite Copy).jpgP1100549 (NXPowerLite Copy).jpgP1100552 (NXPowerLite Copy).jpg

I can only identify the script WK: the mark of the well known barrel maker Wilhelm Kelber, Beiersgrund 3, Suhl. Quite common on Suhl made rifle barrels.
    Last edited by Axel E; 12-30-2015, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Axel, thanks! So if Kelber was the barrel maker, would it help us hone in on the caliber? I've got to wait a month or so before I can get a chamber cast to find out if it is a 6.5 Swede or 6.5 Mannlicher. Happy New Year.

Comment

Originally posted by jillandsam303 View Post
        So if Kelber was the barrel maker, would it help us hone in on the caliber?
        No, as the Kelbers rifled barrels for all calibers, from .22 to .500 Schueler. Happy and healthy 2016!
        Axel

Comment

Thanks and a very happy new year to you too!

Comment

Working...
          X