Christmas hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas hunt

It has been a tough deer season with plenty of acrons the deer have not had to move much and we have had a hard time just seeing deer off our permanent stands. I hunted the last 3 days of our rifle season with hopes of killing a deer with either my Edgar Hubner single shot Tell rifle or my HK940. I had a small group of does come in down wind at 60 yards in thick brush and just as they were fixing to leave I found a opening and the HK940 found its mark.

Good eatin' there!

Comment

Congrats
      Same problem in Kansas, abundance of acorns and other food. I saw several in the head lights on the way to the hunt area, but they seem to move very little during shooting hours. I would like to have taken a nice buck but settled for a young doe. Enjoy the back strap steaks.
      Mike

Comment

I live down in the woods with the acorns as do my neighbors and we have been seeing very few here in south/central, Mo. There is an abundance of deer, two neighbors with significant acreage have game cameras out, but they're holing up tither than a tick on dogs back during the day.

Comment

I hunt alone which decreases the likelihood of seeing anything. I depend on those hunters who get out of the truck & walk a few hundred yards, to stir them very year I see fewer & fewer hunters, this year on opening day I only saw one other hunter.
          Mike

Comment

Working...
          X