5.6 vH success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.6 vH success

My hunting crew did our annual trip to Llano,TX on the weekend of Nov 2-4 2019. Typically we see may deer but this year due to the ample amount of acorns, very few deer were seen. Typically our group of 12 has at least 8 deer in campo by the end of the hunt. Deer were not moving during the morning or late afternoon. So on the Sunday at lunch time I decided to go out to one of the towers nearest to the camp just to see if anything was moving about. After sitting there about 45 minutes two bucks came out of the brush from the left into my front shooting lane at a run. I could see that one of them would at least meet the lease's hunting parameters. They were moving fast so I could not get a shot off , but I was hoping that they would continue on through the next area of brush into another shooting lane on to the right. I had to adjust my shooting position in order to be able to get a shot off once they broke into the shooting lane. This worked to my advantage as the bigger of the two heard me, and stopped in the middle of the shooting lane. My shooting position was at an odd angel, but I was ready and fired. Both deer bolted away into more brush to the north, but by the way that the deer I aimed at acted I knew that I had hit him.
    The guys at camp heard the shot, and I let them know I had shot at deer but he had run off. We waited the 30 minutes, and found some blood near where I had shot him . There was not an adequate blood trail, but we fanned out and we found him about 100 yards away .
    I used a 60 grain hollow point Brass bullet by Cutting Edge bullets. The bullet hit him up towards his back in his ribcage, and farther back from his shoulder than I had hoped. The bullet did exit, When we cleaned him, the bullet caused significant damage to his lungs. It is hard to believe that he ran that far with the amount of damage his lungs had.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

wernerhelm,
    Waidmannsheil.
    Mike

Comment

That's great. Waidmannsheil! Diz

Comment

Waidmannsheil!

Comment

Working...
        X