2 better than 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 better than 1

I have been waiting for a couple of months for Rock Island auction. They had a lot of 2 rifles, I only wanted the Lechner Concurrenz, not both. I didn’t expect to win, but surprisingly I did at a price that was less than I was prepared to go. So I now also have a System Adyt. Neither have sights, but I should have sights that will fit both rifles. Now the wait for delivery. I will post some photos when I receive them. I really want to get to the range with the Lechner, I have a Lechner Concurrenz already, but the bore is only fair, but it has a full set of sights. I ask the Rock Island people about bore condition a few weeks ago, they assured me the Lechner bore was very good to excellent.
    Mike

Rifles arrived today, the auction photos did not show any sights and the description did not mention any. Much to my delight, the Concurrenz arrived with the original tang sight & front sight. I used my bore scope and to my amazement there is no corrosion at all in the bore. This 113 year old rifle should shoot very well. I am posting some photos. This was a lot of 2 rifles, the other is an Original Aydt, not much, some one removed all the action finish among other things. I understand all the proof marks on the Concurrenz but one, the mark right below the forend mount. The barrel is marked Wittener Stahl.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

More photos
      This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

I need help deciphering the Adyt proof marks.
        Thanks Mike
        This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

Hello

EFB for maybe Ernst Friedrich B?chel. It's a mere suggestion.

Peter

Comment

Thanks Peter, any ideas on the crown over the stylized A. I wondered it it could be a mark reserved for Original Adyt? I would like to find some dissemble instructions before taking it apart. I want to find out if it can be restored into a shooter. It has a very fine 4 lever set trigger.
            Mike

Comment

Hello

Mike,
              sorry, I have nothing on the "stylized A". To me it looks like a reversed F coupled with an A with a crown over. If you were to reverse the entire marking you would get an A coupled with an F underneath a crown which would be for August Francotte but that has nothing to do with the marking on your rifle nor has it anything to do with your rifle. Anyway, here's a thread on another Aydt with the same marking that is on your rifle
              https://www.germanguns.com/vb5/forum...ect-on-the-way

Peter

Comment

Working...
              X