Haenel Aydt Disassemblyside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haenel Aydt Disassemblyside

I introduced this gun in the "Marks" forum" but now I'd like some insight into how to disassemble it.

The left side of the receiver has a lever which is released by depressing a button on the other side. Should the trigger assembly be removed first? What come apart exactly?
    Thanks.
    142_4.jpg

Got it apart but it does not go together as easily as I would have thought. A disappointment is the lack of any drawing in
    Alte Scheibenwaffen, Vol. II. Might anyone have one?

Comment

EdinFlorida
      In general, the key to putting anything back together is identifying what is interfering with the reassembly. If you took it apart yourself, you know the general process but often small things like whether the safety should be "on" or "off" or whether the striker should be at rest or cocked. Especially for "tip up" guns, but maybe others also, the location of the extractor can prevent reassembly. In cases where the striker is in one assembly ant the mainspring is in another, they must be oriented properly. If an assembly doesn't want to go back together, rather than forcing it, sometimes gently pressing one side, then the other, may cause it to "rock" around the interference: thereby revealing its location. If a spring's resistance is felt, maybe just a little more force is required. Sometimes parts are not "fixed" in place until a pin is pushed/driven in and may move around, preventing reassembly. A "slave" pin may be needed to hold things together until the actual pin pushes it out. A general "rule of thumb" is pins/dovetails/etc. entered "right to left" and come out "left to right". Guns with more than one of the same screws will generally have the ends marked to identify whether it is for the right/left/or middle position. The markings will be "nothing", a line, or an X filed onto the hidden end. If a screw is installed and the engraving on the screw doesn't match the adjacent engraving, it is in the wrong position. This will indicate the marking system used by the gunsmith. Often, they will use no mark on the right side, a line on the left, and an X on the middle one (I don't know if they all use this system, but I doubt it). Mislocating the screws also "unclocks" the screw slots in addition to mismatching the engraving. All that being said, I don't have a drawing and don't know what the particular problem is.
      Mike

Comment

There is one piece whose position is a question.

Comment

Working...
        X