New Member and Rear Sight question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member and Rear Sight question

Hi, Folks. New member here. And this is my first post and I'll be attaching photos, so have patience with me.

Marcus Chang, in Wisconsin, near Madison. Very new to Schuetzen, very not-new to shooting. Compete in Conventional Pistol, aka "Bullseye," since the early 1980s. Used to build 1911s for said competition. Just took up High Power rifle competition.

Now taking up Schuetzen, or at least the guns.

QUESTION: I have a new-to-me .22 Schuetzen. Does anyone know how to remove the rear sight so I can clean the bore? I know (guess?) the sights of all Schuertzen rifles of any quality have removable rear sights. I don't want to force it, so I didn't use much force. There is a tiny dot on the right side of the base that I tried to push in with a screwdriver (which scratched the dot, my bad), but it does not seem to push in. There is a cutout in the wood so it looks like it's supposed to come out. But I have no idea how to get it to come out.

Help?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

The tiny dot is a broken screw. The rifle had a screw with a square head holding the sight in place. It should be a right hand thread. I would start with a good penatrating oil. Good luck.
    Mike

Comment

yamoon:

THANKS A MILLION! Now I know what to do...

Comment

Working...
      X