Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buchel Meister rifle identification

hello,

I was hoping that someone could provide more details on this Buchel Meister rifle (model, caliber, etc) or if anyone knows where I could find more info and/or parts.

thx,
    -j
    Attached Files

jayveesa,
    Others on this forum are more knowledgeable than I concerning these rifles, but I believe "Meister" is the model. I couldn't read all the numbers, but since I could see that it was proofed for the 11 gram lead bullet, I believe it was chambered for the almost universal target cartridge 8.15x46R. I suspect you will have a difficult time finding parts. Maybe Axel or Jon can offer better information.
    Mike

Comment

Mike is correct but I don't have any hope for you to find the missing parts.
      Jon

Comment

thanks for the feedback! i found some more markings that may hint at the caliber? see attached.

P1020578zm.jpg

Comment

jayveesea,
          These marks verify that it is 8.15x46R. The 7.6 is the bore(not groove or bullet) diameter and 46 is the case length(both in mm).Since it would be obvious that it is a rimmed cartridge, the R would not be shown. I could not make out the number next to the "27", but it was proofed in Zella Mehlis in 1927(in whatever month that number indicates), the 707 is the register number. This is how we know it was proofed in ZM, since Suhl didn't mark them, at that time, with this number.
          Mike

Comment

Working...
          X