SCI Convention in Reno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCI Convention in Reno

Has anyone ever been to the SCI convention? It is next week and I am tempted to go if I can find reasonable tickets. It is a bit late to book flights etc but I don't think Reno is such a popular destination at this time, is it?

I have attended SHOT show several times both in Florida and in Las Vegas but have not been to SCI. How do these two conventions compare?

-Omid

Omid,

If you are a hunter and/or appreciate fine guns, the SCI show will be much more interesting and enjoyable to you than the SHOT show. The SCI show will not have racks upon racks of guns that begin wit AR or AK like SHOT. There are very few handguns at SCI. SCI displays the finest guns available from Blaser to Holland & Holland to Zoli. The taxidermy displays are astounding. All of the top hunting outfitters from around the world are at SCI. If you go to SCI you can also make a side visit to the Nugget Hotel for the Firearms Engravers Guild of America's Engraving Arts Exhibition.

Regards,
    Roger

Comment

Great! Thanks for the tip! I'll do my best to make a trip there

Comment

A couple of members from the Reno area plan to have a table at the FEGA show. Stop by.

Comment

Here are are some pics from SCI show in Reno last week:

Griffin and Howe booth

Nice Franz Sodia double rifle in 9.3X74R

Big ivory!

Big rifles (including a bolt-action double):

Comment

The IWA is not something you visit for a couple of hours like a local gun show, it is enormous and even being selective you can easily spend three days. I should note that IWA is not open to the public but requires some connection to the trade which you can probably arrange with your favorite dealer. I was there on press credentials through Blue Book Publications.

Pass your 70-336 - certkiller and 1z0-102 - braindumps - exam in first try by using our Florida Southern College and Miami International University of Art & Design and best quality selftestengine.
            Last edited by Blackcat345; 01-03-2015, 11:44 AM.
            watson

Comment

Working...
            X