Wife says one of my 6 drillings have to go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife says one of my 6 drillings have to go

Fellow GGCA members, OK, so my wife got her new kitchen for the cabin and has "suggested" I could sell one of my six drillings to help pay for it. If anyone's interested, I've got PowerPoint presentations and complete specs I can show you. The brands are Heym, Sempert & Krieghoff, Merkel, Franz Sodia, Franz Jager and Adolph in 12, 16 and 20 gauges. The prices range from $3K to $10K. Thanks!

SamP1110251.jpg

Sell the wife.

Comment

Originally posted by mike ford View Post
      Sell the wife.
      Hah! Mike, it would be much, much more expensive!

Comment

I unfortunately do not have the funds to purchase any. My wife was kind enough to let me build a new shop. She would kill me now if I bought another drilling.

For other members/interested parties. If may be of interest for you to post all six makers, calibers, options, and prices.

Beautiful collection though!
        www.myersarms.com

Looking for Mauser tools and catalogs.

Comment

Nathaniel, thanks. At least your shop generates income. My "Wall 'o Drillings" just makes me smile. I mentioned the makes and gauges. The PowerPoints have all the details for any potential buyer. Sam

Comment

jillandsam,

PITY that NONE are hammer-drillings.

yours, tex
            "VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, LtCol, comdt.
            Fortress of the Alamo, Bejar
            F'by. 24, 1836

Comment

Tex,
              Go to Simpson Ltd, then "Long Guns", then "Drillings and Combo."; you might find what you are looking for. If you are going to a foreign country to hunt, and can only carry one gun, you will be better off carrying one chambered for currently available legally useable ammo, in the country to which you are going, and with a scope. Again, an unsolicited opinion. It is your trip, not mine.
              Mike

Comment

mike ford,

I looked at Simpson's FIRST with ZERO luck in finding anything that was both suitable & even somewhat reasonable in price.
                MOST such sites are GROSSLY overpriced.

What I'd like to find is a hammer drilling with shot barrels in 70mm chamber-length & a rifle barrel in something like 8x57R or 9.3x74R.
                (The 8x57 as loaded abroad is a VERY different creature than US factory loadings.)

yours, tex
                Last edited by satx78247; 09-26-2018, 04:39 AM.
                "VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, LtCol, comdt.
                Fortress of the Alamo, Bejar
                F'by. 24, 1836

Comment

Tex,
                  They have a Hammer JP Sauer and Sohn, "10mm", 16 ga 2 1/2",( no scope), for $995.00. The description states it has good barrels and that the rifle barrel mics 11mm and has a straight chamber( sounds like one of our old friend "drilling patrones"). They have a Simpson 8x57R/ 16- 2 3/4" with 6x scope for $1550, and a JP Sauer 8x57R/ 16-2 3/4" with 8x Hensoldt for $ 1995 both in claw mounts. If you want to buy one in the US, your hold up is going to be finding a hammer gun with 70mm chambers and a powerful rifle caliber , for a cheap price. Our member Axel reports "EGUN-de" advertises old drillings for a cheap price, maybe you can find what you want there. Be advised you will have to arrange to have it imported and can't return it.
                  Mike

Comment

Working...
                  X